The brief for the NSW Health Administrative Assistant – medical imaging position was to thoroughly address the following eight selection criteria to demonstrate the required skills;
- High level of experience in patient reception and clerical services.
- Demonstrated effective administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Comprehension of the need for accuracy in all documentation related to clinic bookings and patient registration.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills in a team environment.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritise and schedule workloads where a variety of tasks require attention.
- Demonstrated ability to be multi-skilled and adapt to a changing work environment and ability to perform under pressure.
- Computer and data entry skills.
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology. Medical terminology certificate an advantage but not essential.
With extensive experience in administration through her current role, my client has transferable skills that could immediately contribute to the new role. We spent time on the consultation going through relevant examples that I wrote in the Situation, Task, Action, Results format to clearly demonstrate her abilities.
In addition to the key selection criteria, the client required a bespoke resume and cover letter. By writing a strong introductory paragraph in each that succinctly introduced my client, her strengths and values will entice recruiters to keep reading.